Comment on page
Slide Over Window
Note: This feature requires Rhyme Genie 10.2.1 on iOS 15.
Rhyme Genie instantly looks up rhyme mates for words copied to your device's clipboard when sliding into view. (You may enable/disable this features in Rhyme Genie's setup screen.)
iOS 16 displays a dialog to ask for permission to paste content from another app. Allow Rhyme Genie to 'Paste from Other Apps' in the iOS 'Settings' app. (Note: This option only appears for apps that have previously asked for permission to paste content.)
Alternatively you may look up rhyme mates for a copied word by tapping on Rhyme Genie's search field and selecting 'Paste' (or by typing the word into Rhyme Genie's search field and pressing the 'Next'/Return button of the device's keyboard).
To open Rhyme Genie in a Slide Over window:
- Drag and drop Rhyme Genie's app icon into the dock of your iPad.
- Open your writing app (e.g. Apple's Notes app) in full screen mode.
- Swipe up from the bottom edge of your iPad and pause to reveal the dock.
- Tap and hold Rhyme Genie's app icon and drag it to the right side of the screen.
Hide the Slide Over window by swiping it to the right.
To instantly look up rhyme mates ...
- select the word in your writing app,
- tap on 'Copy' in the pop-up menu,
- swipe Rhyme Genie into view by swiping inward from the right edge of the iPad.
Note: Your device's clipboard will automatically be emptied once the rhyme mates have been presented.
If a phrase is copied to your device's clipboard the last word will be used as the search word.